200W Point-to-Point Handwired Power Soak
The Reducer is as simple as the name implies, it reduces the power output of your guitar or bass amp. This means that all sorts of amps, especially tube amps, can now be overdriven without the need of having to be too loud.
The Reducer is connected between guitar/bass amp (head) and the speaker. At this stage, it converts the amp's electric power into heat. Power reduction with resistors requires no additional power supply. The passive principle guarantees an accurate sound reproduction without any influence on the frequency response curve. So the Reducer is neutral, providing just a volume control.
For the amp output, impedance can be set to 4, 8 or 16 Ohm. Reduction is stepwise in the first stages, but it can then be adjusted continuously.
The Reducer is made in Germany and sports hand-wired point-to-point wiring.
Input & Output
- Input 1/4" TS (Mono Jack), unbalanced
- Input impedance: 4, 8, or 16 Ohms switchable
- Max. input load:
- @4 Ohms: 90W RMS/120W Peak
- @8 Ohms: 200W RMS/260W Peak
- @16 Ohms: 160W RMS/180W Peak
- Output Socket: 1/4" TS (Mono Jack)
Dimensions & Weight
- Height: 68mm, 85mm with feet
- Depth: 190mm, 208mm with controls and sockets
- Width: 179mm
- Weight: 1.8kg/3.97 lbs