Analog Summing Unit with 16 Inserts
The MixDream is a cascadable, 16-in-2 analog outboard mixer in a 19“/2U format. Any DAW or digital console can be expanded with active analog stereo summing and insert functionality.
- High-grade analog summing on just 2U rack space
- Sophisticated, active Class A/60V stages for analog summing in the quality of the best consoles
- 16 balanced inserts allow for integrated analog effects with individual and overall hard bypass relays
- Reduction of A/D conversions
- Channel adjustments and automation (level, panorama etc.) remain controlled from the DAW so the user loses no digital efficiency
- Lower DAW processor utilization rates
- The most efficient possible re-sampling of individual tracks with latency free monitoring
- Surround capable (from up to 3 MixDream units)
- Channel capacity expandable through linked units
- Sensitive and transparent stereo expansion control
- Analog peak limiter for impressive loudness
- Master inserts and switchable output transformers from Lundahl
- Optimized signal pathes, all switching functions via relays
- Proprietary differential amplifiers for each input
- Discrete, exceptionally low-noise power supply
- Made in Germany
The MixDream design plan provides for the integration of analogue equipment in digital production environments and stereo mixdown at the analog level. This concept offers high-grade analog summing without panorama and fader controls, in turn allowing an engineer to retain the entire scope of his computer automation. One MixDream can sum up to 16 audio tracks to a stereo signal, and several MixDream (or MixDream XP) may be linked together to any desired number of channels. The MixDream discrete class A technology is based on a 60-volt rail (+/-30 V). Newly developed circuitry guarantees an extremely high slew rate, a low noise level of -97 dBu (A-weighted, all channels active) and a dynamic level of over 124 dB.
Recording engineer for Iron Maiden and bassist for Voodoo Six.
Tony used the Mixdream to mix 4 Iron Maiden songs which were recorded live at Sonisphere 2014 and were then used for a special on Sky Arts TV.
Tony said “I originally mixed the tracks straight after Sonisphere and then went out and did FOH on some dates with British Lions (Steve Harris' band). So, when I got back, I remixed the tracks with the Mixdream so I would have a direct A/B reference, you could hear the difference right away, it was unbelievable. It gave the mixes a real analogue warmth and feel. And the depth and width was amazing, you wouldn't normally get that from digital recordings and mixes. I’m now going to use the Mixdream on everything.”