Maximize your frequency response and accuracy.
The surprisingly loud 100-Watt Eris Sub8 drops down to a molar-rattling 30Hz—a full 50Hz below the Eris 3.5s. This allows you to both rock harder and produce better mixes, as you’ll be hearing an accurate representation of your work. For EDM and hip-hop producers in particular, a sub is a must-have. The Eris Sub8 lets you naturally extend the reach of your Eris E3.5 or E4.5 monitors in a manner appropriate to smaller rooms; exactly where these monitors excel.
Total control and connectivity.
Thanks to robust configuration and I/O, you’ll be able to tailor your Eris Sub8 configuration exactly to your mixing and listening needs. You can connect your existing monitors via ¼” TRS or RCA, set the input level to your liking, and even invert the polarity. Most importantly, you get a High Pass Filter and a Low Pass Crossover control that ensures your Eris Sub8 starts working at the precise low-frequency point where your main monitors stop working. This makes sure you avoid the flubbery, smudged, low-end mess that one hears in redundant, duplicate, redundant bass reproduction that occurs without a crossover.
All work and all play.
While we’ve designed the Sub8 to compliment our smaller-form Eris media reference monitors, we also know that gamers, partiers, and movie buffs alike all enjoy some room-rattle now and again. So rest easy knowing that the Eris Sub8s will upgrade the performance of any powered speaker configuration in a home theatre or gaming rig.
When you hear the low-frequency foundation of your mix accurately, you can make more informed decisions and create more translatable mixes. You’ll also have more fun.
- 8-inch, front-firing, paper-composite low-frequency transducer with high-elastisity rubber surround
- Class AB amplifier: 100W peak (50W RMS) power
- Input gain control (-30 dB to +6 dB, continuously variable)
- Continuously variable lowpass filter (50 Hz to 130 Hz)
- Defeatable highpass filter removes frequency content below 80 Hz from the full-range signal sent from the Eris Sub8 outputs to the main speakers
- Left and right, balanced ¼-inch TRS and unbalanced RCA main inputs
- Left and right balanced ¼-inch TRS and unbalanced RCA pass-through outputs for connecting satellite speakers
- Polarity invert switch
- Protection: RF interference, Output-current limiting, Over-temperature, Turn-on/off transient, Subsonic filter, External mains fuse