NEW PRODUCT - Now in stock.
Built to create in the studio or on the go.
The PreSonus Studio 192 Mobile USB 3.0 audio interface delivers exceptional sonic fidelity, flexible connectivity, and professional monitoring and mixing controls in a compact desktop design. Whether you’re a producer, an audio engineer, an independent band, a sound designer, or all of the above, your Studio 192 Mobile was built for you to create.
An integrated solution.
The Studio 192 Mobile provides an integrated, portable, hardware and software solution for recording in personal and professional studios wherever they may be. Switch between any two mixes using the Cue function and the onboard headphone amp. Software-controlled Dim and Mono options let you take control of your main mix. Use the six balanced outputs for monitor mixing or speaker switching, or both, depending on how you work. With its flexible software and abundant I/O, the Studio 192 Mobile fits into any recording and production environment.
Connect a Studio 192 Mobile and you’ll instantly hear details and an open high end you expect from a professional studio front end. The Studio 192 Mobile operates at up to 192 kHz for ultra-high-definition mixing and recording. High-quality Burr-Brown converters on every input and output provide 118 dB of dynamic range to capture complex musical harmonics smoothly and naturally with no audible distortion. And our recallable XMAX microphone preamps deliver incredibly high headroom, deep lows, smooth highs, and a rich overall sound so you’ll hear every breath, transient, and detail in your recordings.
At PreSonus, we know that the microphone preamplifier is a key component in the sonic quality of a recording. The Studio 192 Mobile includes two custom-design, high-voltage, Class A XMAX preamps with discrete components for accuracy and transparency.
XMAX preamplifiers are built with three key elements:
- Class A. Class A circuits have no crossover distortion and deliver purer, clearer, and more musical results than the Class AB designs that are found in many preamps.
- High Voltage. The XMAX preamplifier runs on power rails of 30V. Most off-the-shelf, op-amp-based designs run on power rails of 10V to 18V. Higher-voltage power rails deliver more headroom, deeper lows, smoother highs, and a richer overall sound.
- Discrete components—not op-amps. We only use genuine transistors, resistors, and capacitors. Op-amps add noise, coloration, and harshness to a signal. Our discrete design delivers ultra-low noise and transparency.
The net result of the XMAX preamp design is high headroom, low noise, wide dynamic range, extended frequency response, and—most important—musicality and transparency.
The Studio 192 Mobile’s XMAX preamps offer another advantage: They are recallable. In 1995, PreSonus patented digital control over analog circuits with our first studio product. Building on this legacy, we created a separate digital volume-control circuit ahead of our analog XMAX preamp design, providing the convenience of digital recall without sacrificing fidelity. The preamps can be controlled from the unit’s front panel, from UC Surface control software, from Studio One’s mixer, from Studio One Remote, and via MIDI in Pro Tools, Logic, or Live so you can save the settings with your recordings.
The Studio One in Studio 192 Mobile.
With the Studio 192 Mobile, your audio interface is an integrated extension of your recording environment. Launch Studio One 3, and you’ll find full preamp control and monitor-mix functions integrated into your recording environment. Our hybrid Fat Channel plug-in runs on the Studio 192’s DSP and in Studio One on your computer so you can record and monitor with Studio 192-based processing and seamlessly switch to the Studio One Fat Channel for playback. Need to track away from your computer? Launch Studio One Remote on your iPad®.
Remote control with UC Surface, too!
The Studio 192 Mobile’s onboard features can also be controlled in PreSonus’ free UC Surface control software, so even if you use third-party recording software, you can remotely access them. UC Surface has rapidly won accolades for an intuitive mixing interface that provides quick access to everything you need to create quality monitor mixes.
Managing both a monitor-mixing application and your DAW can be challenging if you don’t have multiple screens. Because UC Surface can be run wirelessly on a Windows touchscreen computer or iPad, you don’t have to share screen real estate with your DAW. This also allows your musicians to dial in their monitor mixes remotely without adding an expensive personal monitor system.
In addition to creating high-quality monitor mixes, UC Surface can also be used to turn your Studio 192 Mobile into a speaker-management system by providing speaker switching plus main-mix mono and dim functions. Listening to your mix on multiple pairs of reference monitors can reveal new insights. Enabling speaker-switching mode in UC Surface allows you to listen to your main mix through three different output pairs on your Studio 192 Mobile and switch between them.
Great signal processors are a PreSonus tradition.
Adding just the right amount of effects and processing to a monitor mix can make a huge difference in a musician’s ability to experience their performance naturally. To that end, the Studio 192 Mobile includes Studio One Fat Channel plug-in processing on every analog input and the first ADAT inputs, plus a stereo reverb and delay. The result is a better performance and a better recording.
The Fat Channel suite of studio-grade signal processors evolved from our classic ACP88 compressor/gate and was first incorporated into our StudioLive mixers. The musical, natural sound of the combined signal path quickly made StudioLive mixers famous for their ability to help create great-sounding mixes.
The Fat Channel includes a highpass filter, noise gate with key listen, compressor, 4-band parametric equalizer, and limiter. Fifty factory presets, created by professionals, are included to help you quickly create the sound you want. Fat Channel presets can be created in UC Surface or in Studio One and can be shared between the two. You can also share settings with other Studio One, StudioLive, and Studio 192 users.
Expandable when you need more I/O.
The Studio 192 Mobile has 18 digital inputs and outputs, allowing you to add more analog I/O when you need it. The DigiMax DP88 preamp/converter was designed to seamlessly extend the analog I/O on the Studio 192 Mobile with eight digitally-controlled XMAX preamps, ADAT I/O support up to 96 kHz, direct analog inputs, DAC outputs, and word clock I/O. Its mic preamps are fully remote-controllable from UC Surface, Studio One, and Studio One Remote when connected via ADAT Lightpipe to the Studio 192 Mobile so that they naturally extend your analog inputs both sonically and functionally.
Get your hands on a Studio 192 Mobile.
The Studio 192 Mobile gives you a powerful combination audio interface and studio command center. With pristine audio up to 192 kHz, Fat Channel DSP effects, remote-controllable preamps, monitor mixing, speaker switching, a headphone amp, and unprecedented Studio One integration, it gives you a portable recording solution like no other. Check it out at your favorite PreSonus dealer.
- 22x26, 24-bit, 192 kHz audio interface and studio command center
- Input monitoring with StudioLive® Fat Channel DSP processing on every analog input and the first ADAT inputs
- Integrated zero-latency monitoring
- Speaker switching and talkback
- Total integration with included Studio One® Artist DAW software (Mac/Windows) for multitrack music production, monitor mixing with effects, and studio command features
- Wireless control over preamp levels, monitor mixing, and speaker switching from included UC Surface touch-control software (Mac®/Windows®/iPad®) and from free Studio One Remote for iPad
- Compatible with most recording software for Mac and Windows
- Simultaneous I/O up to 22 inputs/26 outputs (8x14 at 192 kHz)
- Individual stereo main balanced outputs with mono, dim, mute, output metering and level control accessible from front-panel and UC Surface
- 2 front-panel combo microphone/instrument inputs
- 2 XMAX remote-controllable mic preamps with individually switched 48V phantom power
- 2 balanced, line level, direct-to-ADC inputs, available via dual-purpose rear-panel combo jacks
- 4 balanced ¼” TRS outputs for monitor mixing and speaker switching
- ADAT Optical/Dual SMUX inputs/outputs: 16x16 channels at 44.1 or 48 kHz; 8x8 channels at 88.2 or 96 kHz
- Stereo S/PDIF coaxial input and output
- 1 high-volume headphone output with dedicated DAC
- BNC word clock input and output with low-jitter clocking
- USB 3.0 audio interface
- USB 2.0 compatible
- 24-bit resolution and up to 192 kHz sampling rate
- Top-quality 118 dB A/D/A converters
- Road-rugged construction with all-metal chassis and metal knobs
- 1U rack-mountable
- 18 VDC external power supply (included)