Class A XMAX pres and lightpipe, too!
A good microphone preamp boosts a mic’s level to almost 400 times that of the original signal, making the preamp one of the most important stages in an audio system. A cheap, off-the-shelf, op-amp-type mic preamp delivers thin, noisy, harsh results. In contrast, PreSonus XMAX™ microphone preamps deliver incredibly high headroom, deep lows, smooth highs, and a rich overall sound. With XMAX preamps, your system’s sound quality is limited only by the microphone you plug in.
PreSonus expands their DigiMAX line with the DigiMAX D8, a 24-bit/48kHz interface that serves as an add-on to an existing lightpipe-equipped system. The DigiMAX D8 is equipped with eight Class A XMAX microphone preamps for pristine sound on the front end, and eight analog direct outputs for patching your signal out to external gear. As a top-notch front end or as a lightpipe expansion to your existing system, the DigiMAX D8 is perfect for almost any studio.
The right analog I/O makes the D8 a versatile front end.
Its complement of inputs and outputs makes the DigiMax D8 a versatile front end for virtually any system. Two convenient front-panel instrument inputs let you plug in guitars, bypassing the mic inputs. All other connections are in the rear, keeping the wiring out of your face. With eight XLR mic/line inputs, you can plug in virtually any mic- or line-level sound source. Eight ¼-inch, balanced, direct channel outputs allow you to add preamps to devices with line-level inputs or split the mic preamps between two devices.
Expand via ADAT Optical and record the whole band.
Eight-channel, 24-bit, 44.1/48 kHz ADAT Optical (“Lightpipe”) output makes the DigiMax D8 an excellent way to add more analog inputs to any third-party, Lightpipe-equipped digital-audio device. Better yet, add a DigiMax D8 to a Lightpipe-equipped PreSonus AudioBox 1818VSL for a 2-rackspace rig with 16 XMAX-equipped recording channels—enough to record an entire live band. To keep your digital audio in sync with ultra-low jitter, the D8 receives word clock at its BNC connection and sends word clock via ADAT Optical.
Careful, it’s loaded!
The DigiMax D8 is a proven solution for adding eight professional microphone preamplifiers to any digital recording system. You can easily integrate it into your studio, thanks to plentiful I/O, variable trim control for each preamp, 48V phantom power (switchable in odd-even pairs), fast-acting LED metering, and a 20 dB pad. And you’ll love its sound!
- 8 channels of audio
- Expand your system
The DigiMAX D8 features 8 Class A XMAX mic preamplifiers, 8 direct analog outputs, and ADAT optical light pipe connectivity, making it the perfect solution to add 8 professional microphone preamps to any digital recording system or digital mixer with ADAT input.Expand your system
If your audio interface is equipped with lightpipe, the DigiMAX D8 is the perfect way to expand your I/O. And with eight Class A XMAX preamps, the DigiMAX D8 has some of the best preamps available in this price range.
- 2 unbalanced ¼” instrument inputs (front panel; bypass Ch. 1 and 2 mic inputs)
- 8 balanced rear-panel XMAX mic preamps
- 1 BNC word-clock input
- 8 balanced ¼” direct outputs (1 per channel)
- 1 ADAT Lightpipe optical digital output (8 channels)
Meters, Controls, and Features
- Individual channel-trim controls with -4 dB to +50 dB gain range
- 48V phantom power for condenser microphones (switchable in pairs)
- -20 dB pad on every channel
- 4-segment, fast-acting LED input meter
- Clock source (sets clock to external or internal with 44.1 or 48 kHz sample rate)
- Professional-quality AD converters (+107 dBu dynamic range)
- ADAT Lightpipe digital output: 8 channels at 24-bit resolution and 44.1 and 48 kHz internal sampling rate
- Word-clock master via ADAT Lightpipe or slave to external word clock
- Internal power supply with standard IEC connector
- 1U rack-mountable, rugged steel chassis
|Preamp Type||Solid State|
|Number of Channels||8|
|Analog Inputs||8 x XLR (Mic), 2 x 1/4" (Hi-Z), 1 x BNC (Sync)|
|Analog Outputs||8 x 1/4"|
|Digital Outputs||1 x ADAT (Optical)|