Download version only. Once purchased, the license code will be emailed to you next business day.
Note: This is an educational edition of Studio One 3.3 Professional. Please provide a copy of your student card to facilitate purchase.
Note: This EDU version has all the features of the Professional software, but is sold at an education price.
The Next Standard
Instantly familiar—yet nothing feels like it. Studio One® 3 contains everything you’d expect from a modern digital audio powerhouse. Once you touch its fast, flow-oriented, drag-and-drop interface, you’ll realize Studio One® 3 was built by creative people for creative music production.
At every step of the musical process, you’ll spend your time creating music instead of fighting a bloated interface. And the sound quality? Well, simply put, it’s unparalleled. In fact, the most common comments from musicians, producers and engineers who have switched to Studio One are “I can just get things done faster” and “Studio One just sounds better.” Let’s find out why.
Start Your Engines
The Start page is your home base, where you access recent Songs and Projects or start new ones, adjust hardware settings, check in on your online progress, stay in touch with the latest Studio One news, and develop new skills through demos and tutorials.
Bringing it All Together
The Song page is where the magic happens. Everything you need is dynamically laid when and where you need it, without juggling multiple windows. Here you’ll find your Arrange view, video track, track Inspectors, edit view, mix view, and browser.
Drag-and-Drop: Intuitive, Fast, Convenient
Creating backing tracks that automatically sync to your song tempo, enriching an arrangement, loading an Instrument, effect or sample content, and more are easy with Studio One’s updated browser, which offers keyword-based musical search, plug-in thumbnails, and nearly 10,000 audio and music loops in the Professional version. Plus, the browser links to the PreSonus online marketplace and to Exchange for access to more add ons, and content from other Studio One users.
Studio One Professional’s new Arranger Track provides rapid and intuitive song rearranging—even with large projects. Just drag sections to a different place in the Arranger Track or Track Inspector, and the entire arrangement updates instantly.
Scratch Pads—The Freedom To Experiment
Working hand-in-hand with the Arranger Track, the new Scratch Pads are an innovation so simple, yet so powerful, you’ll wonder why it took years to invent them. Scratch Pads provide a powerful and easy way to experiment with different arrangements or versions of a section, without jeopardizing your existing work and hassling with saving copies and countless undos. Simply drag sections, content, and events into the Scratch Pad, experiment away, and drag it back when you’re done. And you get unlimited Scratch Pads that can all be saved inside your Studio One Song file.
No Limits on Creativity—or Sound Quality
Studio One places no limits on your creativity. You have unlimited Audio and Instrument Tracks, virtual instruments, buses, FX channels, and undo/redo. And with Studio One Professional’s 64-bit audio processing, you don’t have to worry about your mix degrading when you work with large projects and mix in the box.
Get Truly Inspiring and Unique Sounds
Speaking of sound quality… in addition to 64-bit processing precision, Studio One version 3 features a new synthesis engine and two inspiring new instruments: the Mai Tai polyphonic analog modeling synth and the Presence XT sampler. With Studio One Professional, Presence XT includes a 14 GB sound library and the ability to open EXS, Giga, and Kontakt libraries.
Leave Your Sonic Fingerprint
Modern music has largely degraded to a flatland of repetitive presets. Turn on the radio, or listen to commercials, and we’re sure you can identify the sounds. Studio One version 3 changes all that and gives you tools to craft your own unique voice, including Multi Instrument, Extended FX Chains, and Note FX.
Capture The Flow
Capturing tracks in Studio One is fast and easy. Pre-record mode ensures you don't miss a beat. When multitrack recording, you can add and arm tracks with sequential I/O assignments, route multiple MIDI devices to multiple instruments simultaneously, and give each performer their own click settings with a separate cue mix. To capture difficult parts, use Studio One’s Step Record mode or build your track by loop recording to individual track layers.
Perfect Your Tracks with Melodyne and More
Studio One Professional is the DAW that pioneered integration of the Technical Grammy-winning Melodyne 4 Essential (a $99 value) for precise polyphonic pitch and time manipulation, correction, and creative editing. More than just a plug-in, Melodyne is actually integrated into every track, allowing faster access and more efficient performance, thanks to our ARA technology that we co-developed with Celemony.
Mixing Designed by People Who Defined Digital Mixing
Prior to starting Studio One our developers previously created what was, at the time, the most highly respected mix engine of any music software. Imagine what would happen if they took everything they knew, started from scratch using the latest technology, and joined forces with the company that defined hardware digital mixing. That’s Studio One. It’s the best of both worlds: a robust 64-bit mix environment, that feels natural and works the way a real console should—but without the limitations.
Keeping It Organized
With the power provided by today’s modern computers, combined with Studio One’s plethora of tools and “unlimited everything” approach, you can imagine quickly creating large projects that would prove unmanageable to navigate in other DAWs. Studio One helps keep things under control with Folder Tracks, 1:1 track/console synchronization (including color coding), markers, the Arranger Track, saving alternate edits and ideas in Scratch Pads, custom Multi Instruments and FX Chain presets, and the ability to export Projects with all associated content.
Don’t Just Make Music. Finish and Deliver It.
Starting a song isn’t enough. Time is money and things like faster than realtime rendering and Studio One's flexible Export options give you more time to focus on what matters most.
Studio One Professional’s Project page gives you the tools to not only finish your music but also get it out there. You can master your entire project with professional effects, metering, and tools. And you don’t have to wait until every song is finished to build your Project. With one click your Project updates to make sure you have the latest versions of each Song. If you decide a song needs changes while you’re mastering, simply click over to the Song page, make your edits, then jump back into the Project page—it’s that easy.
The Project page is also where you embed crucial metadata; add album art; burn Red Book-compatible CDs; create DDP images; export WAV, FLAC, MP3, and other digital files; and even publish your music direct to fans on SoundCloud.
Equally at Home on Multiple Screens and Touch Screens
Studio One is more than just a pretty face. You can run it’s high-dpi user interface on small notebooks, all the way to multi-monitor studio setups. We tested it on six! And Studio One now supports the latest multi-touch computers and monitors so you can get your hands on your mix, arrangement, editing tools, and more.
Get More Features, Effects, Content, and Instruments
You can always use more plug-ins, so if the 45 Native Effects, Mix Engine FX, virtual instruments, and Note FX included in Studio One Professional are not enough, stay tuned: More are on the way. There are a number of add ons for Studio One that expand its functionality and content. Plus Studio One is compatible with the latest AU, VST2, VST3, and ReWire effects and instruments.
Switch, But Be Comfortable
If you’re switching from another DAW or just adding Studio One to your toolset, Studio One will feel like a breath of fresh air. But we understand how hard it is to change from an existing DAW once you’ve already mastered it. That's why Studio One lets you use Pro Tools, Cubase, or Logic key commands, as well as Studio One and user-created key commands. And now Studio One has familiar features, requested by users of other DAWs like a "smarter" Arrow Tool, VCA Faders, Layer and Range Editing, and much more.
Help When and Where You Need it
If you’re just getting started making music, you won’t believe how easy Studio One is, but even the most seasoned pros need help from time to time. With Studio One 3 we’ve integrated dynamic, context-sensitive, tool tips and help that bring you the information you need, when you need it. Just hit F1 or hover over the area in question, and help is on the way.
Studio One 3 Professional from PreSonus offers an integrated approach to recording music, from tracking to mixing to mastering and distribution. Featuring a flow oriented, drag-and-drop interface, the software is built for intuitive use, speed, and efficiency. The software includes the fully licensed Integrated-Melodyne pitch correction plug-in, Red Book CD burning, and video playback and sync.
Studio One 3 is robust enough for the most complex productions, delivering full audio and MIDI recording and editing capabilities with 36 audio effects plug-ins, 4 Note FX (MIDI effects), and 5 virtual instruments, including the new Presence XT sampler and the Mai Tai polyphonic synthesizer. There are no limits on track count, plug-in instantiations, or editing features. Studio One Artist 3 is compatible with any ASIO, Windows Audio, or Core Audio compliant audio interface, including the entire line of PreSonus interfaces.
- What's New
- Arranger Track with Scratch Pads to quickly build and rearrange songs and experiment on alternate ideas
- Build custom sounds with Multi Instrument and Extended FX Chains
- Presence XT sampler with 15+ GB sound library and EXS, Kontakt, and Giga support
- Mai Tai polyphonic, analog modeling synth with character morphing, modulation matrix, and zero-delay feedback filters
- Note FX (Arpeggiator, Chorder, Repeater, Input Filter) to assist composition and add dynamism to virtual instrument tracks
- Updated content browser with drag-and-drop functionality and keyword based "musical" search; find, preview, and drag-and-drop tempo-matched backing loops, samples, effects, instruments, presets, and more
- Integrated online PreSonus Shop provides easy in-app access to more professionally produced content
- User-definable Track/Mixer sync and resizable, color-coded faders
- User-definable smart tools
- Macro controls make complex instrument or FX combinations easy to use
- Studio One Remote for iPad
- Automation curves
- Native Fat Channel plug-in from StudioLive AI mixers includes low-pass filter, gate, compressor, parametric EQ, and limiter
- Updated AudioBend real-time time stretching and pitch shifting with Elastique Pro 3.0
- Customizable, high-dpi UI with multi-touch support for Windows and Mac
- Main Features
- Single-window work environment
- Drag-and-drop functionality
- Unlimited audio and MIDI tracks, virtual instruments, buses, and FX channels
- Native 64-bit resolution and support for up to 384 kHz audio
- Integrated Melodyne pitch correction
- Single and multi-track comping
- Folder tracks with grouping and busing
- Track List with presets and mixing Console link
- Transient detection and editing
- Drag-and-drop groove extraction
- Multi-track MIDI editing
- Track Transform (freezing capability)
- Event-based effects
- Automatic delay compensation
- Advanced automation
- Audio processing 64-bit / 32-bit
- Easy-to-use sidechain routing
- 36 native audio effects (64-bit) and 5 virtual instruments
- Intuitive MIDI-mapping system
- Real-time audio time-stretching and re-sampling
- Control Link MIDI-mapping system
- Wireless transfer of audio from Capture for iPad
- Import Notion stems with instrument names, mix, and tempo info preserved
- Compatible with any ASIO, Windows Audio, or Core Audio compliant audio interface
- Works with key commands from Pro Tools, Cubase, and Logic - or create custom key commands
- Integrated mastering suite with automatic mix updating, Red Book CD burning, and digital release
- Over 4,000 included audio and music loops
- Score video and edit audio for film with video track
- QuickTime video playback and sync
- Integrated SoundCloud dashboard for sharing music online
- MP3 import and export
- Audio Units, VST2, VST3, and ReWire support
- Effects Plug-Ins
- Ampire XT - amplifier-modeling
- Analog Delay - tape-delay emulation
- Arpeggiator - Note FX MIDI arpeggiator with pattern sequencer
- Auto Filter - envelope filter
- Beat Delay - tempo-synchronized delay
- Binaural Pan - stereo panning effect
- Bitcrusher - lo-fi / down-sampling processor
- Channel Strip - dynamics processing and equalizer
- Chorder - Note FX MIDI chord processor
- Chorus - mono/stereo chorus
- Compressor - mono/stereo variable compressor
- Dual Pan - independent stereo panner
- Expander - mono/stereo expander
- Fat Channel - native version of Studiolive fat channel
- Flanger - mono/stereo flanger
- Gate - noise gate with midi trigger
- Groove Delay - multi-tap and tempo-synchronized delay
- Input Filter - Note FX MIDI filter for velocity and key range
- IR Maker - impulse response creation tool
- Level Meter - sizable peak/RMS meter
- Limiter - mono/stereo limiter
- Mixtool - phase and ms utility
- MixVerb - mono/stereo reverb
- Multiband Dynamics - mono/stereo multiband compressor/expander
- OpenAIR - convolution reverb
- Phaser - multi-stage all-pass filter phaser
- Phase Meter - phase-correlation analysis
- Pipeline - hardware insert (use external hardware processor, with scope and delay compensation)
- Pro EQ - 7-band parametric EQ
- RedLightDist - distortion processor
- Repeater - note FX delay with transpose
- Room Reverb - mono/stereo room reverb
- Rotor - rotary speaker emulator
- Scope - full-featured oscilloscope with sidechain input
- Spectrum Meter - frequency analyzer
- Tone Generator - multi-waveform signal generator
- Tricomp - 3-band compressor
- Tuner - chromatic instrument tuner
- X-Trem - mono/stereo tremolo
- Virtual Instruments
- Multi Instruments
- Presence XT full-featured sampler
- Presence XT support for third-party sample libraries (EXS, Giga, Kontakt, Giga)
- Mai Tai polyphonic virtual analog synthesizer
- Mojito monophonic subtractive synthesizer
- Impact multichannel drum sampler
- SampleOne easy drag-and-drop sample player
- Presence XT Library - 14 GB
- Studio One Instruments Vol 1
- Studio One Musicloops 1+2
- Studio One Expansion
- Voodoo One Synth Soundset
- Producer Loop Library (over 4,000 new loops)
- Acoustic Drum Kits and Loops
- Electronic Audioloops
- Electronic Kits and Musicloops
- Studio One FX
- Studio One Impulse Responses
- Uberschall Impact Drums
- Vengance Sound
- Third Party Hardware and Software Integration
- Support for AU, VST2, and VST3 plug-ins and ReWire applications
- Compatible with Mackie Control / HUI control surfaces and standard MIDI controllers
- Compatible with ASIO-, Windows Audio, and Core Audio-compliant audio interfaces
- Use Pro Tools, Cubase, or Logic key shortcuts or create your own
- Video import/export, video track playback window
- Import from and export to SoundCloud
- Lossless audio export (WAV/AIFF)
- Compressed audio export (FLAC, MP3)
The Studio One version 3 has to be the best in regards to work flow, ease of use, it's stable as a rock under Windows 7 Pro. Also tried running it on Windows 10, unfortunately Win 10 is full of bugs and I don't recommend running any professional DAW under Win 10. Not until 2050, thats how long it would take MS to get their act together. STUDIO ONE 3 IS DEFINITELY THE BEST DAW OF ALL TIME.